New member, I bought #128

Anything Goes (within reason)

Moderators: FAOA Administrators, FAOA Moderators

02hawk796

Re: New member, I bought #128

Post by 02hawk796 » Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:01 am

Formula White Hawk wrote:In 2002 I ordered 2 sets of Firehawk mats with my car! There were no restrictions that you could only get one set.
:D
In 2002 I also ordered 2 sets of Firehawk mats with my car! The order was immediately cancelled when it was placed, due to the one-set restriction, and my Dealer had me come in to sign the new paperwork to order with the allotted one set, and the price reduced by $99. This was in January.
I called SLP myself and asked, and they verified that they would only sell one set per order. But additional sets could be ordered seperately. They clearly explained there was no way around the restriction, whether on my own or thruough the dealer.
Perhaps your dealer just ordered an additional set on the side, and gave them to you with the car delivery. I would be interested to see your SLP window sticker showing they included 2 sets of floormats with your order.

Yes, the original set is different from the non-original set, although I actually get the second set in the mail before I got the Hawk delivered, along with the customized deck mat with my build number. Although they were both sent by SLP in March, and I got them both in March, perhaps the "originals" came from Canada stock and the "aftermarkets" came from Michigan stock, or maybe Tom's River stock.
I have pointed out to others the difference between their sets. Usually they had taken for granted that everybody was telling them the truth about them being the same, but they found out they were wearing out their only true originals, and the ones they were keeping in the bags were clearly identifiable as non-originals. I keep my originals in bags except for shows, and the non-originals are used in the car - only afficianados will know the difference there anyhow.
2002 T/A Firehawk Convertible #0796 BlackEbonyBlack 6-spd, WI Plate "OH2 HAWK"
GM: TCS, Hurst, 12CD, Last of the Breed
SLP: Bilstein, Chromes, Cover, Floor Mats, Rear Deck Mat, Portfolio
SLP After: Skip-shift Eliminator, Customized Rear Deck Mat