9th Annual Firehawk Rally

Talk about up coming Rallies, Fests & other events.

Moderators: FAOA Administrators, FAOA Moderators

blkhwk55

9th Annual Firehawk Rally

Post by blkhwk55 » Sun Aug 10, 2003 8:01 pm

We just got home from the Norwalk/ Sandusky Firehawk Rally. We have not been before. Just wanted to tell the membership- we had a great time.
We met a lot of nice people and hope to keep in touch with some of the fellow members in MI. Got a lot of cool ideas for the car for next time also!!

Thanks to Matt Bennett for organizing the convoy. That really made the trip fun! We joined up at the junction of the 69 and the 80 (from the Lansing, MI area). The convoy idea is also a quick way to cover ground... if you get my drift.

We also really enjoyed the dinner and especially the cruise afterward.
We both just wished that it was longer. Involving the PD was a great idea, and probably made them feel important too.

Thanks to Wayne, and Bob, and Mac, and Elizabeth and everyone else for organizing everything. Well Done.

We have already made plans to come next year.

Thanks again!

Dave and Sue Harvey
blkhwk55

hawk01

Post by hawk01 » Mon Aug 11, 2003 10:23 am

I want to express the same appreciation for all those who worked hard to plan, organize and execute the entire Rally. My family and I had a great time. I know the cruise involving the police took a lot of effort and coordinating and I greatly appreciate that. The cruise will be especially something my daughter will never forget. Thanks to all the members who have been around the block a few times who helped us and made us feel welcomed.
Darrell & Kim Flannery
2001 Formula SOM #444
M6Hurst Shifter, , Deck Mat, Portfolio, T-Tops, Eibach Springs & Bilstein Shocks, LS-1 Motorsports Lid and Bellows, BMR Adj. Panhard Bar, LCAs & Brackets, SLP STB, Hypertech Thermo. & Program, 4.11 gears

Hawklady

THANK YOU !!!!!

Post by Hawklady » Tue Aug 12, 2003 8:25 am

I had the greatest time ! It was well worth the wait after trying for so many years and now my objective will be to not miss any more. I am ready for the next one , wish it were August 2004 .
I met some wonderful folks and finally got to put faces with names I have known for a number of years from here and the SLP boards. To Keith - Congrats on the 1/4 mile after having just viewed the video of the finals. Good going kid!
Finally, thank you to all who made me feel so welcome and so at home with my fellow Firehawk and Comp T/A lovers. Georgia's Red-Tailed Hawk is ready to follow you folks anywhere. :D

Bowling Green anyone ?
Gina Masters
Georgia's Red-Tailed Hawk
#40 of 41 1996 Firehawk
1.6 RR Arms, 3:73 gears, Shift Kit, Torque Converter, PanHard bar, Lower Control arms, Strut tower brace, Sub-frame connectors

Matt B

Post by Matt B » Tue Aug 12, 2003 9:00 am

We got home late last night.

Had an awesome time, and it was nice to meet some new Firehawk Owners and those who showed up for the 1st time! Always good to see old friends and hang out in the parking lot till who knows when!

Another fabulous job by Wayne, Mac (thanks for driving this year :) ), Elizabeth, Mike etc....it just gets better every year!

Matt

HawkLT1

Post by HawkLT1 » Tue Aug 12, 2003 5:58 pm

A special thanks to Wayne for the long hard months of preparation that he did in organizing the Rally and to Matt and Elizabeth for the Cruise on Saturday night. It was truely awesome!
And a very special thanks to everyone who attended the event for taking the time out of their busy lives to join up with others who have similar interests. You are the ones who make these events what they are. Without your attendance all the work and planning means nothing! :wink:
Trying to thank people only leads to omissions, so sorry if I did not personally thank all of you for making this a great weekend. And I appreciate your support for helping me out as well. I thoroughly enjoyed myself. Thanks too, to Dave and Ed Hamburger and SLP for their participation.
Bob D
Bob Deffenbaugh -
Originator of the west coast "FirehawkFest"
Board Moderator
Ex-Double Firehawk Owner
1993 #110 and 2002 #104

Scott S

Post by Scott S » Tue Aug 12, 2003 8:27 pm

Just my 2nd trip, but I had even more fun than I had the first time! :D

cabofan

My first trip too

Post by cabofan » Tue Aug 12, 2003 11:30 pm

Hey everyone,

This was my first trip to Norwalk too. My girlfriend and I had a great time and we will definately be back next year. Thanks to everyone involved for your hard work and especially to Mac and Wayne who made us feel at home (even though we came at the last minute) :lol:

Thanks,
Buck and Tiff
Owner #314 2002 White Firehawk Convertible 6sp

Firehawk02

Post by Firehawk02 » Wed Aug 13, 2003 6:51 am

That was my first trip out there and I had a great time! Nice to meet everyone and see all the Hawks! Can't wait until next year!

Joe

Maplehawk

Post by Maplehawk » Sat Aug 16, 2003 5:05 pm

Awesome as usual.

This year was almost all Wayne. Well done on prizes in a tight economy. Everything went off without a hitch that I noticed.

Matt - Convoy was a riot as usual. Made Day 3 go by super fast.

Matt / Liz - The cruise raised the bar for the whole weekend. Such a great way to go.

Bob & Brian - thanks for making the effort to attend.

Joe Chen & Brian Rivard - well done in the eliminations. Surprised anyone got my Scott (aka Scoot) with the consistent times he laid down.

Chuck - glad to see you again. Had fun on the cart track.

Bill, Mike, Gerry, Dragan, etc, etc, etc - thanks for coming.

...some day Calgary...
Mac Logan
1992 Firehawk #05
1995 Firehawk #C04
2018 Mercedes-Benz C300 Wagon
Proud Member - Firehawk Association of America
Author of Firehawk - Fiercest of the Firebirds