Firehawk car cover. Formula vs. T/A

Post your comments & questions

Moderators: FAOA Administrators, FAOA Moderators

zmaro

Firehawk car cover. Formula vs. T/A

Post by zmaro » Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:23 pm

I was looking at buying one. Someone told me that the covers are specifically made for Formula's and T/A's respectively. Is this true? Also I would assume a T/A one would fit my car fine since the other SLP covers and are not even firebird/ Camaro specific. Any insight from those who's cars came with the covers?
Thanks!
'01 Formula Hardtop

Scott Chab

Re: Firehawk car cover. Formula vs. T/A

Post by Scott Chab » Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:43 pm

I can't imagine they make different covers for TAs and Formulas.
'94 Hawk #110
Back on the road helping me make bad decisions again

zmaro

Post by zmaro » Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:58 pm

Scott Chab wrote:I can't imagine they make different covers for TAs and Formulas.
Thats what I figured. Keep in mind the person that told me this was selling the Formula cover, and told me this after I told him I also have a black Formula 'Hawk.
'01 Formula Hardtop

PontiacFan

Post by PontiacFan » Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:22 pm

Scott Chab wrote:I can't imagine they make different covers for TAs and Formulas.
I agree, I don't think I've ever seen covers with any designated difference.
4th Gen F-Body should be enough info to fit.

zmaro

Post by zmaro » Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:45 pm

Thanks guys. Would you guys recommend the Firehawk car cover? Is it good quality ect.? It would be for indoor use only.
Thanks!
'01 Formula Hardtop

PontiacFan

Post by PontiacFan » Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:51 pm

zmaro wrote:Thanks guys. Would you guys recommend the Firehawk car cover? Is it good quality ect.? It would be for indoor use only.
Thanks!
The original SLP cover? No, & again, nothing against SLP, but it's not a very 'soft' cover.
I have the gold unit for my black car & don't ever use it because, & I know from firsthand experience, that it will 'scratch' the black cars.
So I use a CACover brand indoors all the time. Pretty nice cover & 'soft' enough to not leave as much damage.

RedHawk recently posted pics of his cars new underwear, ..., excuse me, coverwear.
And those covers are very nice. 8)
Edit: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11204&p=66726#p66726

I have one similar to this 'UltraShield'. Actually I have two of them, one on the Firebird & one on the Fireo.
Both black cars & no problems.
http://www.carscover.com/2002-Pontiac-T ... P2327.html

What is your intention, outside weather cover, or indoor cover?

zmaro

Post by zmaro » Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:56 pm

PontiacFan wrote:
zmaro wrote:Thanks guys. Would you guys recommend the Firehawk car cover? Is it good quality ect.? It would be for indoor use only.
Thanks!
The original SLP cover? No, & again, nothing against SLP, but it's not a very 'soft' cover.
I have the gold unit for my black car & don't ever use it because, & I know from firsthand experience, that it will 'scratch' the black cars.
So I use a CACover brand indoors all the time. Pretty nice cover & 'soft' enough to not leave as much damage.

RedHawk recently posted pics of his cars new underwear, ..., excuse me, coverwear.
And those covers are very nice. 8)
Edit: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11204&p=66726#p66726

I have one similar to this 'UltraShield'. Actually I have two of them, one on the Firebird & one on the Fireo.
Both black cars & no problems.
http://www.carscover.com/2002-Pontiac-T ... P2327.html

What is your intention, outside weather cover, or indoor cover?
Thanks for the info. I intend just to use it for indoor storage. I found a Firehawk one for $100 and thought it would be good since it is a "original" cover, but I will probably hold off if it will scratch up the car.
'01 Formula Hardtop

BLACK-HAWK

Post by BLACK-HAWK » Sat Jan 28, 2012 6:35 pm

California Car Cover Company: Stormweave : http://www.calcarcover.com/how_to_select.aspx
2001#194 (Unicorn)