Hood latch :(

Post your comments & questions

Moderators: FAOA Administrators, FAOA Moderators

FirebirdCrossover

Hood latch :(

Post by FirebirdCrossover » Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:02 pm

So I still haven't been able to find a hood latch, and it's killing me not being able to put that hood on! I'm going to try and make one. If anyone could post pictures of their latches, how they work, and some measurements or general ideas on anything that would work, I would love to hear them! Thanks guys

BLACK-HAWK

Re: Hood latch :(

Post by BLACK-HAWK » Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:44 pm

from an LS1tech thread about the same issue looks like they are far and few between but that's just one post. keep an eye out on ebay. if it were me i would just put hood pins in.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SLP-FIREHAWK-HO ... 5f&vxp=mtr
2001#194 (Unicorn)

FirebirdCrossover

Post by FirebirdCrossover » Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:10 pm

Yeah I've thought about it, I just don't know too much about that, really anything lol so it kinda scares me that it'll mess my hood up.

PontiacFan

Post by PontiacFan » Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:53 pm

Here ya go man, here's what it looks like on the LSx-based late-4th-gen Firehawk hood.
If you want some dimensions, send me a PM with your email address & I'll sketch something for ya tomorrow night.
If you want one of those clips shown in the Ebay auction above, let me know & I'll send ya one if you pay for the shipping, time, material, gas to get to the post office in the next town, ..., etc., etc., ..., :lol:

Yea, it may be dirty under there, ..., I don't do much to it but drive it anymore!
It needs a good bath & polish! 8)

PontiacFan

Post by PontiacFan » Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:05 pm

I went back & looked at that auction, & ya know what, you should buy one of them, so you get the small metal bushing also.
You can see where they must have drilled the OE latch, & spot welded that bushing in place in the photos below.
I went back out & just took these photos to show it up close.

FirebirdCrossover

Post by FirebirdCrossover » Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:28 pm

Yeah man dimension and all that would be awesome. Thank you so much for help man, I've been waiting for months to find anything to help me. Thank you man!

PontiacFan

Post by PontiacFan » Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:56 pm

Sorry for the delay in the return, but I completely forgot about this.

If you could make something like this, you would have your own latch pull mechanism.