Stock 1994 SLP Exhaust Pix and Tips NEEDED

Post your comments & questions

Moderators: FAOA Administrators, FAOA Moderators

mbrienza

Stock 1994 SLP Exhaust Pix and Tips NEEDED

Post by mbrienza » Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:14 am

Hello Everyone,
I'm new to this forum as I have just recently purchased 1994 Firehawk #486 (I'll post pix soon) and was hoping for some help in identifying the factory exhaust tips for 1994. I checked the gallery but I'm seeing different versions of the dual exhaust tips; some have ones which look similar to the Callaway Corvette "Megaphone" tips and others have "dual duals" I am not an expert on these cars and in reading the TOTL thread I'm not sure if they had different designs within the same year or did all 1994 Hawks come with TOTL standard?
Car was built 4/94 and left SLP 5/94 if that helps.
Previous owner installed aftermarket chrome single exhaust tips but appears to have left the original exhaust alone. I spoke with SLP today and was told that according to my build sheet they have on their computer my car came with "performance exhaust" option which I thought was the TOTL exhaust but I have both the original GM and SLP window stickers and neither has the TOTL option.
If anyone knows for sure what the correct tips are I will need to buy a set so I am also looking for them.
Thanks for your help!

tazman71

Re: Stock 1994 SLP Exhaust Pix and Tips NEEDED

Post by tazman71 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:11 pm

From what it shows here is that your car came with TOTL, but if your SLP sticker does not show it, then it would have the megaphone tips on it.
TOTL has the 2 tips in the drivers side, nothing on the passenger side.
From the research that I have found is that the 94 TOTL muffler was a little different than the 95 and up cars. It did not seem to hold up to well on cars with more miles on them.
Let us know if you have any other questions
02 Firehawk TA #1237
Black/Black, 1LE, Chrome wheels, Auburn
95 Firehawk #361
Hurst, TOTL, FLP headers, 4.10 Strange 12 bolt, UMI suspension, LT4 HOTCAM, ported stock heads, 52mm Throttle Body, ATI Procharger,
70 Chevelle SS 396
70 Z28 Camaro in pieces